Advanced Shotokan Kata, Volume Two
Gankaku, Hangetsu, Sochin, Jitte, Tekki Shodan, Tekki Nidan
This DVD presents the katas that are typically practiced at the advanced levels of black belt. ADVANCED SHOTOKAN KATA, VOLUME ONE demonstrates the following advanced kata as taught by the Japan Karate Association:
- Tekki Nidan and Tekki Sandan: These two kata are more advanced versions of Tekki Shodan.
- Gankaku: This kata develops balance. Emphasizes side kicks and strong blocks.
- Hangetsu: A very dynamic kata. Develops muscular power and internal strength.
- Sochin: A very powerful kata. Teaches strong attacks and in-close fighting.
- Jitte: Practices defenses against the long staff. Uses many open hand actions.
The ADVANCED SHOTOKAN KATA series presents advanced katas in-depth and with detail. The katas presented in Advanced Shotokan Kata, Volume Two are demonstrated by Sensei Ertl.
The DVD uses menus and chapter to allow you to jump directly to the section you want to practice. Each kata is demonstrated slowly move by move and with the correct speed and tempo. An overview of the important points in each kata is presented along with close-ups of the most difficult sequences in each kata. (72 minutes)
*Note to our foreign customers- Our DVDs are “region free”, and will work in any country in the world.