|Return to E/B Productions
Read more articles
20 Lessons of Master Funakoshi
- Karate begins and ends with courtesy.
- There is no first attack in karate.
- Karate must only be used for justice.
- Know yourself first, and then know others.
- The mind comes before the body.
- Set the mind free.
- Carelessness comes before accidents.
- Karate is not only for the dojo.
- Karate training is for a lifetime.
- Put karate in everything you do.
- Karate is like hot water turning cold.
- Do not think that you have to win, but think that you do not have to lose.
- Understand the difference between vulnerable and invulnerable points.
- Move according to your opponent.
- Think of your opponent's hands and feet as swords.
- Once you leave home you have 1,000,000 enemies.
- Kamae is for the beginner, Shizentai is for the advanced.
- Kata done correctly will be different than combat.
- Remember the light and heavy elements of kata.
- Always think creatively.